The term CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) has been around for a long time. We have found that people sometimes get confused by the term, so we are now referring to our pre-paid membership program as a VEGGIE SHARE MEMBERSHIP. The idea is simple yet profound; members purchase a share of vegetables in the off-season in exchange for a weekly box of veggies during the season. This is immensely helpful to farmers, who are often spending a lot of a given years’ budget in the winter and spring purchasing necessary supplies and paying employees. If you are able to afford paying for your Veggie Share upfront, it helps us better prepare and budget for the coming season. Of course we understand that this is a big financial commitment, and we are happy to work out a payment plan that works for you and your family.
Yep! All of the Veggies we grow on our farm are Certified Organic
The regular share contains between 6-8 veggies in each weekly box. The small veggie share will contain 4-5 veggies per week. We find the regular share to be a great size for couples who eat plenty of veggies as well as families. The small veggie share may be more appropriate for individuals or couples who are beginning to incorporate more veggies into their lifestyle. We do our best to give our members a good variety of items each week to ensure that you have versatility in your kitchen.
- We grow a wide selection and diversity of veggies on our farm. In fact, we grow somewhere between 40-50 different kinds of veggies. Here is a list (not entirely comprehensive, but representative) of what we grow:
- lettuce, salad greens (arugula, baby kale, spicy greens, spinach), kale, Swiss chard, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Napa cabbage, carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, tomatoes (heirlooms, cherry tomatoes, red tomatoes), sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, onions, garlic, scallions, cilantro, parsley, thyme, dill, rosemary, lemongrass, okra, potatoes, sweet potatoes, radicchio, endive, frisée, boc choi, tatsoi, mustard greens, other Asian greens, melons, butternut squash, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, fennel, peas, and others!
We pride ourselves in giving our members the freshest, most nutrient dense veggies we can grow. The shelf life of our veggies often far exceeds that of grocery store produce for a variety of reasons, but most importantly, it was harvested within a few days of you receiving it! If you need storage tips, we would be happy to help you understand how to best store your produce!
- We want our Veggie Share Members to succeed with their goals of including more vegetables in their families’ meals. We send out a newsletter to each week with a list of what is included in your box, as well as some curated recipes from Meg. We are available at the Veggie Share pickup locations to talk about how you can use your produce, and we encourage you to reach out to us or other members if you need help coming up with ways to incorporate more of the produce into your meals.
- We know that new Veggie Share members often need help getting to where they want to go with regards to using all of their produce. We are here to help, and we want you to succeed. If you have any suggestions on how we can better teach you, feel free to let us know.
You bet, simply add the $50 veggie share deposit item into your cart and pay the $50 now. Let us know in the comments section which pickup day/location you are interested in, and we'll set up a payment plan that works for you!
- We feel very fourtunate to share land with some amazing people who have developed some really cool businesses over the past few years. Our on farm pickup option is located at the Botanist & Barrel tasting room in Cedar Grove, NC. The farm is also home to a Certified Organic you-pick blueberry farm, as well as a you-pick flower farm. Summer time offers a wide variety of options to get outside and explore the farm with your family,.
- Additionally, the pickup times have been coordinated so that the tasting room as well the farm’s new FOOD TRUCK - Cultured Kitchen - are open during pickup hours. This food truck is a collaboration between Botanist & Barrel, Nourishing Acres, and Edens Meats to use local ingredients to craft amazing food.
If your pickup location is the FARM, then yes, leashed dogs are allowed. If you are picking up at either of the Farmers Markets (South Durham or Carrboro), then NO, dogs are not allowed at market.
- I understand that once I sign up and pay for my membership in full that I have secured my place in the Veggie Share for the season.
- Pickup time parameters are specific to each pick-up site. It is my responsibility to pick up my share during the designated time period. If I am unable to pick it up, I will entitle a friend to do so. I understand that if my share is not picked up on the designated day, within the designated time, it will be donated at the discretion of the site host.
- I understand that as a member, I share in the bounty and the risks of farming, including poor harvests due to unfavorable weather or pests, or the total loss of all crops due to a natural disaster such as flood, drought, tropical storm or hurricane.
- By signing up for the Veggie Share, I understand that I will be added to the weekly email list. This is how Nourishing Acres communicates updates and changes, as well as what will be in shares each week. Notify us immediately if you do not receive an e-mail receipt of your payment or your weekly Veggie Share email beginning in April.
- All our customer information is kept strictly confidential. We do not release any information to anyone regarding our customers. We do not sell or make our email addresses or mailing list available to any other parties or companies. The registration web site is a secure site where your information will be safe.